In the United States, truck shows play a significant role in the trucking industry, providing a platform for industry professionals and truck enthusiasts to come together and celebrate their shared passion.
From coast large cars truck shows to the mid America trucking show, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
The full calendar is at the end of this article.
The Importance of Truck Show in the US
Truck shows are essential to the trucking industry as they offer a unique opportunity for industry professionals to showcase their latest products and services, such as the California central valley truck show or the gun large car shootout.
These events also provide a platform for truck enthusiasts to admire and appreciate the creativity and craftsmanship of custom truck builds. Additionally, truck shows offer educational seminars and networking opportunities for professionals, helping them stay updated on industry trends and innovations.
Top Truck Shows in the US
Mid America Trucking Show (MATS)
The mid america trucking show is held annually in Louisville, Kentucky, and is one of the most popular trucking events in the country. With over 1,000 exhibitors and more than 70,000 attendees, MATS offers a wide array of exhibits, seminars, and live entertainment.
Upcoming show March 30 – April 1, 2023 in Louisville, KY.
Sign up here > https://truckingshow.com/
ATHS National Convention and Truck Show
The ATHS National Convention and Truck Show is a highly anticipated event, held at various locations across the country. This premier truck show attracts thousands of attendees, showcasing vintage and antique trucks alongside modern rigs.
Upcoming show June 8 – June 10, 2023 in Reno, NV.
Sign up here > https://aths.org/convention/
California Trucking Show
The California trucking show, held in Ontario, California, focuses on the latest advancements in trucking technology, featuring a wide range of exhibitors and interactive displays.
Upcoming show October 14 – October 15, 2023 in Ontario, CA.
Sign up here > https://californiatruckingshow.com/
Tower Tree Trucking Classics
Located in West Newton, Indiana, the Tower Tree Trucking Classics event showcases custom trucks, restored classics, and new models in a family-friendly atmosphere.
Upcoming show August 15 , 2023 in Greensburg, IN.
Texas Trucking Show
Held in Houston, Texas, the Texas trucking show is a popular event that brings together industry professionals and truck enthusiasts, featuring exhibits, seminars, and live entertainment.
Upcoming show June 24 – June 25, 2023 in Houston, TX.
Sign up here > https://texastruckingshow.com/
Regional Truck Shows Across the US
In addition to the major truck shows mentioned earlier, there are many regional truck shows that cater to local communities and specific interests. These events provide opportunities for truck enthusiasts to connect and appreciate the creativity and craftsmanship in truck customization while supporting local businesses and economies.
South Jersey Truck Show
The South Jersey Truck Show, held at the New Jersey Motorsports Park, is a popular event that highlights the trucking culture in the South Jersey region. It showcases custom trucks, offers live entertainment, and hosts racing events, attracting truck enthusiasts and industry professionals alike.
Upcoming show October 9, 2023 in Millville, NJ.
Sign up here > https://www.facebook.com/SJTRUCKSHOW/
Tipton County Fairgrounds Truck Show
Held at the Tipton County Fairgrounds in Indiana, this truck show features a wide variety of trucks, from vintage classics to modern models. The event offers a family-friendly atmosphere with live entertainment and activities for all ages.
Upcoming show August 25 – August 26, 2023 in Millville, NJ.
Sign up here > https://truckersatheart.com/
Hope Jamboree and Light Show
The Hope Jamboree and Light Show, held in Hope, Arkansas, is a unique truck show that combines the beauty of custom truck builds with an impressive light show, creating a memorable experience for attendees.
Upcoming show September 22 – September 24, 2023 in Mill Hall, PA.
Sign up here > https://www.truckers4hope.com/2023-show
Mount Aetna Truck Show
The Mount Aetna Truck Show in Pennsylvania is a popular regional event that brings together truck enthusiasts to showcase their unique truck builds and enjoy a day of entertainment and fun.
Upcoming show September, 2023 in Mt. Aetna, PA.
Sign up here > https://www.facebook.com/LanitaSpecialized
Notre Dame du Nord Truck Show
This truck show, held in Notre Dame du Nord, Quebec, is an international event that attracts truck enthusiasts from both the US and Canada. It features custom trucks, live entertainment, and a variety of activities for the whole family.
Upcoming show August 03 – August 06, 2023 in Notre-Dame-du-Nord, Quebec.
Sign up here > https://elrodeo.com/en/
Unique Features of Truck Shows
Custom Trucks Displays
Many truck shows, such as the coast large cars truck event, showcase custom truck displays, where builders present their one-of-a-kind creations. These custom trucks range from classic restorations to modern, high-tech builds, offering something for every truck enthusiast.
Truck Competitions and Awards
Truck shows often hold competitions and award ceremonies to honor the best custom trucks. The waupun truck n show, for example, recognizes the hard work and dedication that goes into creating these unique vehicles. Categories may include best paint job, interior design, and overall build quality, among others.
Live Entertainment and Activities
Truck shows offer a variety of live entertainment and activities for attendees, such as concerts, stunt shows, and carnival games. These events create a fun and engaging atmosphere, making truck shows enjoyable for the whole family.
Below is an expanded list of the top 10 highest paying trucking companies with approximate yearly salaries and information on work hours. Keep in mind that work hours may vary depending on factors such as route, freight type, and company policies.
- Average yearly salary: $75,000 to $90,000
- Work hours: Walmart drivers typically work full-time, with regional and local routes that allow for regular home time. The company aims to provide predictable schedules and consistent hours.
- Average yearly salary: $65,000 to $85,000
- Work hours: Sysco drivers generally work full-time and have local or regional routes, which means they can expect regular home time. Some positions may require early morning starts or occasional weekend work.
Old Dominion Freight Line
- Average yearly salary: $60,000 to $80,000
- Work hours: Old Dominion drivers usually work full-time, with various shifts available, including day and night. Many positions offer regular home time, although some regional or long-haul routes may require longer periods away from home.
- Average yearly salary: $60,000 to $75,000
- Work hours: UPS drivers typically work full-time, with shifts that can vary based on route and package volume. While many drivers enjoy regular home time, peak seasons may require additional hours or weekend work.
- Average yearly salary: $55,000 to $75,000
- Work hours: FedEx drivers generally work full-time, with varying shifts and routes. Many positions offer regular home time, but long-haul or regional routes may require extended periods away from home.
- Average yearly salary: $55,000 to $70,000
- Work hours: YRC Worldwide drivers often work full-time, with different shifts and routes available. Local and regional positions typically offer regular home time, while long-haul drivers may spend more extended periods on the road.
J.B. Hunt Transport Services
- Average yearly salary: $50,000 to $80,000
- Work hours: J.B. Hunt offers a variety of driving positions, with work hours that can vary based on route and job type. Many positions provide regular home time, but some regional or long-haul roles may require longer periods away from home.
- Average yearly salary: $55,000 to $75,000
- Work hours: XPO Logistics drivers typically work full-time, with a range of shifts and routes available. Local and regional positions often allow for regular home time, while long-haul drivers may spend more time on the road.
- Average yearly salary: $50,000 to $75,000
- Work hours: Schneider National drivers usually work full-time, with various shifts and routes to choose from. The company offers positions with regular home time, as well as regional and long-haul opportunities that may involve longer periods away from home.
- Average yearly salary: $50,000 to $70,000 (before acquisition by XPO Logistics)
- Work hours: Before the acquisition by XPO Logistics, Con-way Freight drivers generally worked full-time, with a variety of shifts and routes available. Many positions offered regular home time, although some regional or long-haul roles required extended periods on the road.
2023 Truck Show Full Calendar
The Economic Impact of Truck Shows
Truck shows have a significant economic impact on the communities that host them. These events generate revenue from ticket sales, sponsorships, and exhibitor fees, contributing to the local economy. Additionally, truck shows draw large crowds, which increases spending on local businesses, such as hotels, restaurants, and retail stores.
The Future of Truck Shows in the US
The trucking industry is continuously evolving, and truck shows play a crucial role in showcasing these changes.
As technology advances and environmental concerns grow, truck shows will likely focus more on sustainable practices and eco-friendly innovations, such as electric trucks and alternative fuel options.
Events like the grand sierra resort truck show and the shell super rigs competition will help drive the industry forward and ensure the future success of truck shows in the US.
Upcoming Truck Shows to Watch Online
September Richard Crane Memorial Truck Show
The September Richard Crane Memorial Truck Show, held in St. Ignace, Michigan, is an annual event featuring a spectacular light show and a parade of customized trucks.
South Dakota Super Massive Truck Shows
The South Dakota Super Massive Truck Shows are a series of events held throughout the year, showcasing the finest custom and classic trucks in the region.
New Jersey Motorsports Park Truck Show
The New Jersey Motorsports Park Truck Show takes place at the raceway park in Millville, NJ, and features a wide variety of custom trucks, live entertainment, and racing events.
Virginia Truckers Show
The Virginia Truckers Show, held in Clear Brook, VA, is an annual event that celebrates the trucking industry with custom truck displays, competitions, and live entertainment.
Walcott Truckers Jamboree
The Iowa 80 Walcott Truckers Jamboree is a free, family-friendly event held every year at the world’s largest truck stop, celebrating truck drivers with live music, games, and a truck beauty contest.
What are some must-visit truck shows in the US?
Some must-visit truck shows include the Mid America Trucking Show, ATHS National Convention, California Trucking Show, Tower Tree Trucking Classics, and the September Richard Crane Memorial Truck Show.
What can attendees expect at a truck show?
Attendees can expect custom truck displays, truck competitions, live entertainment, educational seminars, and networking opportunities for industry professionals.
How do truck shows contribute to the local economy?
Truck shows generate revenue through ticket sales, sponsorships, and exhibitor fees, and they also attract large crowds that spend money at local businesses, such as hotels, restaurants, and retail stores.
What is the future of truck shows in the US?
The future of truck shows in the US will likely focus more on sustainable practices and eco-friendly innovations as technology advances and environmental concerns grow, helping to drive the industry forward.
Are there any upcoming truck shows that are worth attending?
Some upcoming truck shows worth attending include the September Richard Crane Memorial Truck Show, South Dakota Super Massive Truck Shows, New Jersey Motorsports Park Truck Show, Virginia Truckers Show, and the Walcott Truckers Jamboree.